Friday, March 12, 2010

Sugar Rehab Begins

As most of you know, I am a bit (cough cough understatement) of a chocolate/sugar addict. I was doing great on my no carb diet until I got sick and had a busy week at school at the same time. We all know what students do when they are stressed with school work (other than cleaning their room) we eat crappy food. I managed to eat a pizza or two and finish a few jars of chocolate sauce (almost a Kilo) in a matter of days. After I introduced those back into my diet all my weird nuances I had back in Canada returned; my leg started to do the shaking thing when I sat down, the random body shivers and twitches, the random body sweats, feeling hungry all the time no matter how much I ate, and not to mention drastically spiratic energy levels (I even had to take a nap a few times). When I arrived here and stopped eating carbs my nuances must have dissipated gradually; I didn't realise that I stopped doing these things until my diet cracked and they abruptly started all over again.

I promised myself a long time ago that I would never be an addict to anything, and all of these symptoms just scream that I have an addiction. I don't like the feeling that I'm willingly rendering my freewill to a subconscious level; it feels almost inhuman in the sense that I act on instinct and chemical imbalances rather than natural, free thought. So as a response to this addiction today marks day one of a no carb no sugar diet, I figure im in for a rough week or two so it makes sense to kick all my bad habits at once and be done with it, so I'm throwing no caffeine into the mix as well. It is surprisingly hard to eat this way, I cant even finish off the mustard bottle I have left in the fridge (sugar content :s). I figure since I was sucked back in off the no carb diet so easily I will have to make sure that, for at least the first week, I dont have any sugar at all. This includes the banana bunch I just bought thinking I'd start a new trend of eating fruit, but it looks like that will have to be postponed for a week.

As for what I AM eating, I had some sour ass natural yogurt for breakfast (not recommended), tasteless cabbage and onion soup for lunch (I was experimenting and failed horribly), chicken legs for dinner, and about 5 litres of water (Ive been pretty thirsty, so every time I get a chocolate craving I just drink more water).

Its been a really long day, I feel like I didnt sleep last night (even though I had a solid 8 hours), I've had a slight overtone of a headache all day, and almost broke down into tears for no reason at all right before dinner... Yay for manhood
Its now 830pm of day one on my new diet and all I can say is F.M.L..

2 comments:

  1. You crazy crazy Mader! But if anyone can quit cold turkey I believe it to be you - you have great will power!

    Make sure you take some vitamins to stay healthy!

    Miss Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh yeah I should probably pick some more up I just ran out. Thanks for the support bud, it means a lot :)

    Miss Ya too

    ReplyDelete