Sunday, March 28, 2010

good day

Its a Sunday on the easter holidays, school is closed and I've snuck into school with a girl from Latvia using one of the teachers access cards. We got into the teachers lounge which is a pretty sweet deal. I'm currently writing a paper on the economic growth of Mozambique and enjoying a sans-cafeine tea looking out over a view of the fjord while Alla (girl from Latvia) plays beautiful Latvian pieces on the piano. Yep days don't get much better than this, well other than the fact that Alla brought pizza, really hard to watch her eat that. I suppose it doesn't help that I missed grocery shopping yesterday because of easter hours and have nothing to eat for today :s

The weather is supposed to get sunny and warm on Wednesday, about 10 degrees. So I think I will get a major head start on my environmental economics paper over the next couple days, then pack a tent and see how many mountains I can walk over in 1.5 days. I have to do something, easter holidays last 2 weeks out here and no one is left at school or in town. all the exchange students (including nick) are traveling and all the norwegians go to the mountains during easter. I would travel but I'm poor and don't have a G to drop on a vacation like most people out here.

good news is that I have the gym all to myself, now when I do the crossfit football workouts (www.crossfitfootball.com) no one will see me looking like a psycho. Oh and as an added bonus I get to walk around naked on my floor; completely empty (though this is not too different, usually I only wear a pair of sweatpants my gramps gave me for xmas; so comfortable that you don't even know that you are wearing em :)

Well thats all for now, perhaps I'll have some cool mountain picks posted in a week

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mader, what's your mailing address there? If you have one, I've got smtg to send ya!
    Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete