Sunday, January 3, 2010

FOUND MY ROOM

So i picked up my keys today. i went to the student center when it opened a the receptionist was still recovering from what was now a 2 day hangover from new years. to add to it he only worked the housing desk once a year and was very rusty. After some "manflirting" ( no, no actual flirting, just talk that greases the gears to get a good deal)and it worked! He changed my room from a 1st floor room with a view of a parking lot, to a room on the seventh floor of a building on a 100ft cliff with a view overlooking the bay. AND he lowered the price so it is less than what I would have paid on the first floor... (shhhhh dont tell anyone). Of course I knew he changed my room, but I didnt know that it was to that and didnt know he lowered the price until i looked at the contract hours later (hes getting a random hug next time i see him). so later that day i set off to find my room. I have some choice words to describe the walk there, but I will leave it at I walked along a noisy highway with no scenery for over an hour, uphill. Next time I'm taking a bus :p
But of course when i got there it was all worth it :) now i'm back at the hostel downtown because i had one more night left here and have to be at the police station early to submit my residence and work permits. also all of Norway comes off holidays tomorrow that started on the 24th, which means there are massive discounts and crowds of people at stores. It's like boxing day after a new years day that lasts 1.5 weeks :p i'm going to need to buy a drying wrack, some potatoes and laundry soap! maybe i'll find some shorts really cheap off season that i can use in the summer :p

anyways pictures of the room and the million dollar view (for much much less than a million dollars) are at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonmader/sets/72157623165920956/detail/

2 comments:

  1. Goddag!

    Hvordan går det med Deg? It sounds like you had a good one, which is probably a nice change from your first few days of rolling down mountains and turning down drunks/drunken danish men. Great job with the room change though. It is truly amazing how far a bit of man-flirting can go. Also, make sure to stock up when the sales are on. As you now realize, Scandinavia is super expensive. I am stoked to see more pictures. I commented on a bunch yesterday.

    Skål!

    JP B

    ReplyDelete
  2. hei! god kveld
    yeg har det bare bra. Snakker du norsk ikke så bra :p
    yeg gå til Norges Handelshøyskole i dag og det vakker tusen, yeg ikke har treffe lærer, met yeg tro ville snart. Hvis du kommer fra Kanada til Norge vi har maten og drikke ved dyr stor :p velkommen er du her.

    tusen skål

    Jason

    ReplyDelete